The StuTS is not the only student conference in the field of linguistics. There are some of them that we consider our sister conferences.
STaPS: Linguistic Conference for Doctoral Students
Sprachwissenschaftliche Tagung für Promotionsstudierende
The STaPs has descended from the StuTS; it is a place for PhD students. It has taken place every semester since spring 2012.
TaCoS: Conference of Students in Computational Linguistics
Tagung der Computerlinguistik-Studierenden
The TaCoS has also descended from the StuTS. It has been held every year since 1992.
Linguistics Meetup Berlin-Potsdam
The Linguistics Meetup is an event for all young linguists in Berlin and Potsdam, who want to meet their colleagues from other local institutes and universites and get to know their research interests.
Northern German Linguistics Colloquium
The Northern German Linguistics Colloquium is similar to the STaPS in that it targets PhD students, but it puts a special regional focus on Northern Germany. It takes place every spring at a university in that region.
FJUEL: Forum for Young English Linguistics in Bavaria
Forum Junge Englische Linguistik in Bayern
FJUEL is a forum for young English linguistics in Bavaria. Young linguists have the opportunity to talk about their ongoing research projects and to discuss theories, methods, and results encouraging professional exchange and mutual knowledge.
The TWIST Conference is organized by TWIST, the students’ society for Linguistics students at Leiden University (The Netherlands). Each year, it wholeheartedly invites all undergraduate (BA), graduate (MA) and postgraduate (PhD) students in Linguistics or doing language-related research to present their projects, papers or dissertations to fellow students and researchers from all over The Netherlands and abroad!
- ULAB (UK)
- Young Linguists’ Meeting Poznan (Poland)
- ConSOLE (Europe)
- Sprogvidenskabelig studenterkonference SSK (Denmark)
- Mladí lingvisté [Junge Linguisten] (Czech Republic)
- Linguistics Prague (Czech Republic)
- Pragestt [Prager germanistische Tagung] (Czech Republic)
- Summer School of Linguistics (Czech Republic)
- LIMES-Colloquium (annual colloquium for graduate students and post docs in romance linguistics)
- RoLiNe – Networking event for graudate students and post docs in romance linguistics